The Royal Wedding is just around the corner. No matter where you are in the world, this springtime wedding reminds us of our springtime activities, including spring cleaning. The best way to speed the spring cleaning process is to take preventative steps throughout the year, including your continued use our green cleaning products for your house and green janitorial supplies for your business.
5 Easy-to-Do Daily Habits | Spring Cleaning from Green Cleaning Products
Time is scarce, especially when we are preparing for an event as grand as the Royal Wedding, either for us, a friend, or Prince William and Catherine Middleton! Cleaning is a necessary, but not always an adored task during the preparations. Green Cleaning Products has applied time-motion techniques to increase the efficiency of cleaning. First and foremost use green cleaning products and green janitorial supplies that are known for their high efficacy. Then develop these daily habits to save loads of time and effort later. These cleaning habits will go a long way to preventing a major overhaul when it is time for spring cleaning.
- Make the Bed: A made bed makes the whole room seem more orderly, which makes it less likely that other things, such as clothes and papers, pile up around it.
- Go Shoeless: A no-shoes policy will eliminate the grime and abrasives that are tracked into the home. Wear slippers or go barefoot indoors.
- Clean as You Cook: Wash pots and dishes or put them in the dishwasher as you work in the kitchen. Saves time and increases your sense of accomplishment and enjoyment when you eat.
- Wipe Up Spills: It does not matter what it is, food, makeup, or chemicals, almost anything is faster and easier to remove if cleaned immediately.
- Manage Clutter: Whenever you leave a room, take a quick look for anything that is not where it should be. Pick it up and put it where it belongs. Insist that everyone do the same.
10 Spring Cleaning Preventative Steps from Green Cleaning Products
The most important cleaning technique is prevention. Take steps to ensure your belongings don’t become dirty in the first place. With just a few minutes on an ongoing basis, you will easily keep chaos, dirt, and grime under control before and after a royal wedding in your family. Follow these ten simple steps which will translate into ease later for you:
- Microfiber: Use microfiber cloths to remove the dirt and dust from the space rather than relying on the old cotton rags. Couple microfiber cloths with green cleaning products to eliminate the dirt rather than just move it around. Microfibers work and they can be washed and rewashed!
- Doormats: A doormat inside and outside of each door that leads outside or into the garage. Seek mats designed to trap mud and grit outdoors and cotton washable ones inside to absorb water.
- Scratch Protection: Prevent scratches proactively by attaching self-adhesive felt pads to the bottoms of furniture legs. Remember to lift, rather than drag, furniture when moving it.
- Protect the Floor: To protect carpet from dents, support heavy furniture on plastic or rubber floor protectors. The heavier the piece of furniture, the larger the protector should be.
- Remove Carpet Ghosts: For those indentations in your carpet that are left by furniture, place ice cubes on the divots. The fibers will swell as they absorb the water. Vacuum to pull up wet fibers.
- Keep the Outdoors, Outside: (1) Apply weather stripping to draft doors and windows. (2) Use high-efficiency furnace filters and room air filters. (3) Maintain window screens to keep out large particles and flying insects.
- Protect from the Sun: Protect furniture, carpeting, and artwork by drawing blinds, shade, and curtains whenever windows get direct sun.
- Protect Surfaces: Use trivets, cutting boards, and coasters to prevent scratches and burn marks on kitchen surfaces and furniture. Attach rubber disks or felt to the bottoms of vases, candlesticks, and collectibles to protect furniture from scratches. Add felt glides to the bottoms of small countertop appliances like coffeemakers and blenders.
- Seal: Enclose stone surfaces and grout to guard against stains. Using vinegar and baking soda to clean is one of the popular green cleaning products. Unfortunately any money saved today in using vinegar and baking soda rather than pH neutral green cleaning products will increase your work later. The acidic and alkaline nature of vinegar and baking soda erodes the seal and ultimately will damage the surfaces.
- Stops: Install doorstops to prevent doors from denting walls.
Please comment and share your favorite strategies for making cleaning easier and faster whether for a royal wedding or to spring clean your home. While you are using your natural green home cleaning techniques to accomplish your spring cleaning tasks, Green Cleaning Products will continue to seek more green cleaning methods for you.