Finally spring has arrived! Cabin fever has been driving us crazy. This is the time of year we are energized to dust ourselves off and break out of hibernation. This is also the time when your customers are seeking a good spring cleaning with perhaps a renewed desire to embark on a green cleaning regime.
With the newness that nature provides this time of year, we often will see the world with a fresh set of eyes. The ocean takes care of us, so let’s return this favor.
Providing spring cleaning services is often coupled with being at the beginning of the year with a new set of goals and objectives for your cleaning business. As a result as a green cleaning business owner / operator you have the opportunity to provide a valuable ecofriendly service.
“The world is mud-luscious and puddle wonderful.” – E.E. Cummings As much fun as this is, it also triggers some of the tasks that are included in a good spring cleaning.
- Clutter: It exists and with it a fresh new start and renewal is hard to achieve. William Morris offers sage advice: “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful”.
- Floors: Throughout the winter slush, mud, road salt, and sand are all dragged from the outside in. Good for all who use an entry mat. That said, it is time for a solid cleaning, if not replacing it. It is also time for the recommended cleaning / maintenance listed for that surface, whatever it may be – linoleum, wood, carpeting, or tile.
- Windows: After a prolonged time widows will benefit from a good cleaning both inside and out. Outside the windows are dirty and grimy from the wind, rain, and snow. Even without the effects of weather, the inside of the widows develop a film that needs to be removed. A favorite is the CleansGreen® Spunlace Microfiber Cloth for streak free windows.
- Cobwebs and Dust Bunnies: As the temperatures dip during the winter, creatures and critters tend to move inside … even if we do not see them. Consequently it becomes time to remove them and their “souvenirs” such as their carcasses and excrement.
- Germs: Winter is ripe cold and flu season. This is the time of year that many will survive due to coughing and sneezing. With these natural bodily functions we also inadvertently spread disease, thus a reason to disinfect surfaces. It is best to use a hospital grade fungicide, virucide, and bactericide, such as found in the Disinfectant Cleaning Kit from Green Cleaning Products.
- Filters: Although the recommendation is to change the furnace filter every month, especially during the winter / heating season, rarely is it done. Providing this service to your customers during your spring cleaning will be an appreciated service.
- Detectors/Alarms: Most facilities have (or should have) both smoke and carbon monoxide detectors / alarms. Independent if they are hardwired or purely battery operated this is a great time of year to replace the batteries. Without the discipline of doing it at a given time of year, the desired protection may not be in place.
- Electronics: Whether a home or a business, in this day and age electronics abound. As a result of the static electricity that is formed they will attract dust at a faster rate and must be removed.
- Plants: As lovely as they are over time the leaves provide flat surfaces (both large and small) it is time to remove the dust and film that accumulates over time.
- Window Coverings: No matter what form of coverings you have, dust, dirt and grime tends to build up, like plants. Whether accomplished in place or removed, they still need to be cleaned.
- Upholstery (including in the home, the mattresses): Stains as well as dust mites will be found – time to eradicate them. Got pets? Then the upholstery will require extra care! Use your green cleaning products and green janitorial supplies to swipe the upholstery to finish. In addition a lint roller, peeling away to a new sticky layer as needed, becomes a very handy tool!
To accomplish these chores, the use of green cleaning products, such as those offered in the CleansGreen® Cleaning Kits has great advantages. Not only are the bio-renewable, non-toxic, ecofriendly green cleaners beneficial for our planet, they are even more valuable for your employees. No longer do you have to suffer the consequences of increased absenteeism due to the harmful effects of traditional cleaners. Learn How to Buy Green Products for Your Cleaning Business.
Match this with the proper cleaning tools, such as the CleansGreen® high end microfiber – cloths and the ever popular Fluffy Microfiber Duster, to enhance your ability to provide the desired services.
The results of selecting the CleansGreen® green cleaning products? A world that is no longer mud-luscious or puddle wonderful.