Tis the season; the season for football. The kids are in school. Fall is in the air. Sunday (and now Friday, Saturday and Monday) can easily consume our time as we follow our favorite teams. As you prepare for the game(s), you are in the kitchen thinking about what to prepare and serve. You are probably not thinking about the green cleaning products you can use in your natural green home cleaning, but this is a great time to stock up.
Why? Because of the connection between watching football and green cleaning, especially since this spectator sport can easily become rowdy. Even worse with so many focused on the game, the room may be dark, making it even harder to stay clean and avoid spills.
A checklist for you as you plan your party:
- Football season clashes with the flu season. How can you safely and easily disinfect your home?
- What is around your home that can cause issues later?
- Football parties are the most informal kind. What kind of short cuts can you implement that are commensurate with the informality of the party?
- Preplanning often pays off. What can I do in advance that will make my life easier later?
- Are you stocked up on your favorite stain removal products?
- How to clean the mess when the food and drink spill in the excitement of the plays on the screen?
Some tips to prepare your home for your friends that will save your valuable time later:
- Use compostable paper products for easy clean up
- Provide markers for guests to use as they claim their cup
- Distribute trash containers liberally through your home
- Provide recycling bins that are easy to access for the beverage bottles and cans
- Make composting easy by having clearly marked bins available for use
- Place napkins strategically near the messiest foods to save your furniture and walls
- Avoid problems with flames and split wax by putting all candles away
- Prepare your bathroom(s) with toilet paper made of recycled paper or sugar cane and an ecofriendly hand cleaner
- Disinfect before and after your guests, especially when colds and flu are around
- Plan to launder your linens quickly after your guest’s departure
This preparation becomes even more critical as the season progresses and each game becomes more critical for your teams journey towards the bowl games at the end of the season.
Since cleaning is the not the same team sport as watching the game seems to be, stock up in advance. When the party is over and your guests depart, three great products for you are:
- EnviroCare Tough Job – This is a great all around degreaser and cleaner, and it is safe, nontoxic, and green. It can even be used for spot cleaning your carpet and upholstery.
- WowGreen Stain Pen is another great green cleaning products option for those food stains. Apply it to the stain real time and launder later without worry since the enzymes are working while you are cheering for your favorite team.
- EnviroCare Neutral Disinfectant to safely disinfect your environment. This hospital grade product can safely, effectively, and easily be used in the home – just spray and let air dry.
Looking for the best green home cleaning products? We are pleased to offer green cleaning products for sale from a number of hand selected companies that we feel offer the best products for our Green Home Cleaning customers!