Greenwashing … it is everywhere – not just in your green janitorial supplies used in commercial applications, but also in your green cleaning products used in your home. Just look at the advertisements that surround us.
- H3 Hummer has been advertised as “Thirsty for Adventure, Not Gas” OR
- It’s OK to drink bottled water thus creating more plastic waste because the bottle has an “eco-shape” OR
- “Clean” coal … coal is coal – it hasn’t changed in thousands of years, despite what advertisers claim! OR
- The green spin on Malaysian palm oil when 87% of Malaysia’s deforestation resulted from the development of new palm oil plantations between 1985 and 2000 … despite the implication in advertisements that palm oil has been sustainably produced since 1917 OR
- “Buy local” ads from a national chain where you see their logos all over semi-tractor trailer trucks moving down the interstate everywhere you look!
So how does one discern from all of these claims! It is for this reason that third party certification programs are so valuable. Unfortunately greenwashing has even entered the certification world as well! You, the consumer, benefits following the reputable logos for your green janitorial supplies for the business and green cleaning products for the home. Appropriate labeling is important for either a Business-to-Business (B2B) or Business-to-Consumer (B2C) scenario.
One such partnership program with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA), known as Design for the Environment (DfE), is specifically focused on safer chemistry. The green ingredients included in these approved products are included in the CleanGredients® database. CleanGredients® is the online resource for green formulation. Included in the CleanGredients® database are solvents and surfactants which have received an approved third party review without compromising proprietary formulations. To be recognized for its eco friendly chemistry, each ingredient undergoes an extensive independent evaluation to ensure that products developed with and receive DfE certification will truly protect the environment, maintain or even advance health goals, and effectively clean! By eliminating hazardous solvents, zinc cross-link agents, environmentally persistent surfactants, and other harmful ingredients, through DfE, the US EPA is able demonstrate active environmental stewardship and a dedication to continuous improvement. For these reasons the CleanGredients® database has become the industry resource for formulators of green cleaning products.
Institutional service, janitorial, commercial real estate, and maintenance companies that use the wowgreen products provided by Green Cleaning Products LLC are all participants in the important national effort to protect the environment and safeguard human health in a sustainable way. In a multi-billion dollar industry, there are only few partners in the DfE program as of March 2010. These partners are listed by US EPA online. wowgreen, the product line Green Cleaning Products LLC represents, is privileged to be one of them! New products are being added on a continual basis, but as of March 2010 the list of approved wowgreen products that Green Cleaning Products LLC offers includes:
- All Purpose Cleaner Concentrate
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner Concentrate
- Floor Cleaner Concentrate
- Glass & Stainless Steel Cleaner Concentrate
- Super Stain Remover
- Laundry Detergent
- Industrial Cleaner
- Toilet, Tile and Bath
Look for the logo as you select your green janitorial chemicals and supplies for your commercial application and your green cleaning products for your home. Then order these green cleaning products for cleaning residential and commercial buildings by homeowners, maids, cleaning professionals, and janitorial services respectively.